You can build and manage a high-performing team by avoiding these seven team-building blunders:
1. Failure to build support for the team with the right people at the right levels
2. Failure to establish conditions for team effectiveness
3. Failure to establish a meaningful performance goal.
4. The absence of a decision-making process.
5. Failure to establish appropriate norms.
6. Weak communication channels.
7. Insensitivity to diversity.
“Assessments can also be used to select, motivate, and manage teams by proactively identifying weaknesses and building on the complementary strengths of team members”